Thursday, March 25, 2010

FINALLY!

The stained glass project is finally finished! YESSSS!!!!!!!

Jared helped me finish it! We had to make two trips to the Home Depot to make it happen, though. I got too excited the first trip and when we got home, I realized that I didn't have the grout float, a proper sponge, or cheesecloth. So back to the store we went.

The earliest steps of the process were already documented on this blog so here are the newest parts!

Basically, after we glued all the globs on the window, we followed the directions on the box of grout. I bought Charcoal colored non-sanded grout. We made the whole box, which was a mistake, but next time I think I'll prepare a couple of windows to grout that way I won't have to do crazy math and I won't waste any grout.

and here we go!


Photobucket
The giant bucket and the grout. Plus, refreshments since it is hard work mixing grout

Photobucket
Jared mixed it for me since my arms are weak and girly.

Photobucket
I mixed it for just a few minutes and ended up with it on my face in record time.

Photobucket
Jared's grout mustache

Photobucket
We might have made too much grout.

Photobucket
This is the window with all the grout on it before we wiped it down.

Photobucket
TA-DA!

and one more!

Photobucket
I personally think it's awesome!

5 comments:

  1. thanks! It was fun and surprisingly easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Looks fab! Just followed you here from Primitive and Proper. I'd love if you wanted to check my new blog out and let me know what you think. It's all about budget decorating and design with lots of hints and tips! Thought it may interest you.
    Kristine
    http://thepaintedhive.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tristan that is beautiful! i love it! you did a supercrazyawesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks kaley!!! It was awesomely fun to make!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for being awesome and wanting to comment! I love to read what people have to say!